Client Success Story - Public Utility Company
- The largest utility company in North America needed to replace its Service Desk, and it needed to do so within a six-month implementation period. The existing Service Desk—with 50+ agents generating 1000+ records each day—was several years out of date and no longer supported by the vendor.
- After an exhaustive selection process, a product suite was purchased. The utility company and vendor now faced a new challenge. Was it possible to implement a Service Desk in just six months?
- An implementation at a customer site of this size and complexity typically requires 12 months from planning to production go-live. The vendor had never completed such a large project in only six months and turned to ImagineX for our expertise in implementing large ITSM projects.
- Using our multi-disciplined approach, and award-winning tools, we delivered the project on time and on budget.
- While most vendors prefer a more traditional, waterfall-model process, we attacked the project with an agile, iterative strategy that allowed products to be installed more quickly and with greater success and less risk. In addition to solid technical skills needed for the project, our Solutions Consultants brought the business skills, from end user to senior IT leadership, needed for a successful delivery.
- ImagineX garnered such a high level of satisfaction from the customer that the team was asked to return to implement the Change, Asset, and Configuration Management systems in subsequent years.
- Successfully stood up new infrastructure
- Installed and configured the new application suite
- Transferred all relevant data and customizations to the new system
- Sunset the old system and infrastructure
Technology & Tools
Service Desk, Change Management, Asset Management, Configuration Management